Friday, November 03, 2006

She made Gampel glow for 4 years and made it glow again last night. She is always having fun, but is always on top of Her game. Fade away-rainbow 3's, turn-around baseline jumpers, 3-quarter court bombs, pull-up in your face shots, trash talking, jersey grabbin', shot blockin', running defenders into screen after screen, throwin' no-look dimes, touch passes, you name it--She did it. No one does it like or better than Her. She is UConn. She is the best. She is Diana Taurasi, still walkin' the walk and talkin' the talk!!!

Speaking of talking...as my father and I drove past the new football practice facility I said to my father, "Where's the new basketball practice facility...they're the ones who have the rings!!"...and he laughed and said, "Your crazy, why would they need one!" But what he doesn't remember is that I went to school here for 4 years, had cheerleading practices in Gampel after the basketball teams, and know that Gampel isn't always available due to other obligations--sending teams to the fieldhouse. I've always thought they needed a seperate practice facility and now it looks as though my thoughts are becoming UConn Athletic Dept. thoughts as well. As UConn A.D. Jeff Hathaway looks to bring UConn Athlethics to the forefront of the collegiate world.

No comments: