Tuesday, November 14, 2006

In recruiting news, the #1 2007 prospect Maya Moore will sign her LOI today at a ceremony at Collins Hill HS and the #12 2008 prospect Caroline Doty discusses her decision to commit to Connecticut early. She says she did her homework on all 5 of her final schools and tried to keep an open mind at all the schools in order to give each school an equal chance. She says she just couldn't shake a gut feeling the Storrs was the right place for her. And unfortunately for the other 4 schools, they didn't have the U.S. Senior National team's starting backcourt for the 2008 Olympics.

"I was sitting in his office with Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi eating Wendy's and just hanging out with them, talking, having normal conversations, feeling comfortable," Doty said. "And I just felt like, 'wow, I could see myself here.' And I wanted to give the other schools an opportunity for me to feel that way, and I did at other schools. It was just that that moment was stuck in my head and it still is."

Doty also insists that her decision to attend UConn is not a guarantee that her good friends 6'1 SG Alicia Manning and 6'5 SF Elena DelleDonne will come as well (but it sure is nice to hope it helps).

No comments: