Wednesday, October 01, 2008

In recruiting news,

UConn target SG Krista Gross (HoopGurlz #23, Class of '09) will make her official visit to Connecticut for the weekend of UConn's First Night via the Courant's John Altavilla's blog. Her final four schools are Connecticut, North Carolina, Florida, and Stanford.

UConn's newest target SF Samarie Walker (HoopGurlz #1, Class of '10) shares her top choices with a local paper, and adds that UConn is her 'dream school' and back on top of her list. She attends the same high school as former UConn star Tamika (Williams) Raymond and says, "Growing up, I watched Tamika since I was in the fourth grade, I saw her go to UConn, saw some of the championships, and that's when I knew I wanted to go to UConn. My freshman year, I thought they were going to be recruiting me and they weren't, so I kind of changed my mind about where I wanted to go. Now, they're recruiting me and I'm on top of their recruiting list and they're on top of my list, too." Her top schools are Connecticut, Rutgers, Maryland, Duke, Southern California, Georgia, and Notre Dame.

No comments: